View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 06:54 PM   #10
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
My understanding is that the 1LE already has smaller dust shields, meaning just getting the larger deflectors would complete your 'track kit' on a 1LE as it were.
Actually the track kit's metal shields are significantly smaller than the stock SS 1LE shields:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...1#post11136431

The stock SS 1LE metal shields are somewhat smaller than the stock SS shields though. I had no issues with the stock ones for about 3 years of track days with stock pads and tires. If running stickier tires and/or higher torque brake pads on track I would recommend installing the smaller metal shields from the kit ASAP. I waited to install them until it was time to replace the front rotors. I bought the kit and installed the plastic air deflectors right after I got the car and leave them installed on the car all of the time. I figure they can't hurt especially since I sometimes track the car on sunny days with temperatures in the upper 90s! There's another thread on here where several others also said they leave the plastic track deflectors permanently installed.

I believe there is a warning in the manual that you might have less than the usual amount of stopping force in the rain with the track metal shields installed but I haven't driven the car in heavy rain since I installed mine so I don't have any personal input on that. I felt no difference in braking on the highway or on the street in light rain even with some small puddles on the street.

EDIT: I attached the warning from the 2021 owner's manual.
Attached Images

Last edited by cdrptrks; 04-18-2022 at 07:11 PM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote