Thread: Ceramic coating
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchonutty View Post
Like buttholes, everyone has there opinion with ceramic coatings. I use to professionally detail vehicles for a living. Like others state, prep is the key. I personally do not care for them. I mean I guess if you don’t like to wash your car often or it stays outside 24/7 it may be ok. I prefer a good sealant. I use Zaino on my stuff. Got almost 70k miles on my Camaro and the finish will rival any ceramic coated vehicle for 1/16 the price. Here’s Zaino on my 78 TA with 100% factory paint. The paint is actually dead and has a lot of battle wounds but from 10’ away it looks stunning https://youtu.be/7IphaMoXy9Q
Damn man that's nice bro!! And I am the same way with the ceramic's, don't care for them. My Camaro is 11 years old, built in mid 2010 for the 2011 model year, a daily with 122k miles on her and no garage to keep her in. It's all in how you take care of her from day one!! I had the car buffed and sealed back then and kept it up from then on. I used to use McGuires products, loved them until I tried some of the Chemical Guys products, man what a difference. One of my friends has a 2013 ZL1 that was ceramic'ed and my 2011 with just the waxes and sealants id just as shiney and glowing as his is. His is Crystal Red Tintcoat and mine is Red Jewel Tintcoat. You look at both cars side by side and you can't tell which was coated and which was waxed!! Love it. Here is a pic of mine after a 4 hour detail with the Chemical Guys sealant and wax. The second pic is from last year, same products, just not much sunshine that day. lol.

Name:  don 5.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  207.9 KB

Name:  Ruby 1.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  454.8 KB