View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 03:54 PM   #24
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Yeah, there was no way i was going to be able to drill the hole and weld the bung with it on the car.

I took a sharpie marker under the car with everything still bolted up. Found a place where the sharpie would fit to check for clearance. Once i was happy with the location and orientation, i marked the pipe with the sharpie, removed the section, drilled the hole, etc.

You will get metal shavings in the cat if you dont remove it to do this.

I will say though, there were more ideal placement options on the drivers side, but pass side was easier to remove.

You may want to prepurchase the header/manifold gasket. Its a crush style, and if you damage it it will leak and your o2 sensor readings will be off.
I’d like to add to CJ’s comment and recommend you use a step drill for making the hole. It will cut better and leave a hole that is almost free of burrs on the inside of the pipe.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote