View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 09:55 AM   #19
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Yeah, it needs from approx 5 degrees before IVO to 5 degrees before ignition. That’s your window and why we keep IPW under ~6 ms or so.
True but advancing SOI allows for longer IPW's. For example, My brother's C7Z seems to tolerate IPW's up to 7.5ms before things start to get wacky. Now I didn't leave it that way of course, but it seems custom cams with advanced SOI can tolerate longer pulse widths. First thing I notice when fueling goes south is the wideband will start to show rich when it's really not. Bring the IPW's down and the AFR reading will show leaner even though the engine really richened up. What you are seeing is wasted fuel going out the exhaust causing a false rich reading. Also can cause "fuel knock". My car with stock cam doesn't like anything over 6.5ms. And if you leave the SOI stock values you could likely start to see some issues above 5.8-6.0ms.

SOI main purpose is to get the fuel injected on time for complete combustion. I do believe there are some gains in power to be had but it's not huge. Interested in your results this coming Spring.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote