View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 12:10 PM   #1
bchaney

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Car randomly dies

Finally got the car all back together after spinning 3 main bearings. We went through everything with a fine tooth comb. Car has been running great for the last 750 miles, just had it tuned 2 weeks ago after getting the break in miles on the new motor. Car made really good numbers and the tuner didn't find anything wrong. (908whp)

With that being said yesterday I went on a cruise, car was running good, stop to get a hair cut come out car wouldn't crank. No the battery wasn't weak and no the starter wasn't heat soak. The car was spinning over good. After 2 tries it finally fired up like nothing was wrong. I didn't think to much about it and carry on with my day. About 25 miles later I was driving down some back roads, driving normal and the car just DIES, no spit no sputter nothing just dies. Luckily I coasted to someone driveway. I try to crank it again and it just would spin over but would not crank. I let it sit for about 15 mins or so still no luck. There was no check engine lights but I went ahead and hook up my cheap 40 dollar scanner that I keep in the car and it showed a pending code P0101. So I thought maybe the mass air flow sensor was bad. I went and got the truck and trailer and a new mass air flow sensor. Installed it and still no luck. Got the car home I unplugged the battery and the computer let it sit for 30 minutes or so and try it again and she fired right up. I went for a test drive everything seem fine went to do WOT short pull as soon as I hit the gas it died. Tried disconnecting the battery and computer on side of the road with no luck would not crank. Trailer the car home for the second time. Decided it was time for some cold beers and a few dart games, a couple hours later with the car sitting with the battery disconnected we try it again and of course it didn't crank. We then pulled a plug wire to see it was firing and BOOM the car cranks. We tried it few more times through the night and it crank right up every time!

So I'm lost and I don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated!

Just a few details on the car
TMS 416
Magnuson 2300
Katech 103
DSX low side
Alky dual nozzels