View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #74
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEThumper View Post
The Shelby doesn't use a drop but I don't drive it a lot either. It might get 1100 miles a year? Got it for my daughter and I (her name is Shelby). It doesn't put a drop of oil in the catch cans and never has really used anything.

The Camaro is odd...it used 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart right after I got it, but hasn't done anything really since the first oil change at 1000 miles I think was when I did it. I put the catch can on around 300 miles and during normal daily driving it probably will put 6-8 oz of oil in there in 1000-1500 miles? Doesn't seem to be drinking it, but it does push some out. Didn't really do anything in the can on track. Oddly the Camaro does smoke some times on cold starts if it sat over the weekend so I don't know if they just have a little more clearance in the guides or what that is about. I'll just see it puff in the mirror. Doesn't do it during the week when I'm driving it every day.

Bought the car new, and was pretty much the first one to drive it other than the guy that took it off the trailer..so it wasn't used or sitting on the lot.

I miss my C6Z...that car was awesome. Needed better seats and I had a car before Bluetooth so I missed that....but for driving fun. Those cars are super hard to beat.
Mine does the smoke at cold start up too, I can always see it because my car port has the sun's beam in the AM and it it very visible.

But I also have the Corsa Exhaust with 2nd cat delete, so not sure if that plays into it at all.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote