View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #12
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
IMO those speeds (93/117) are lower than they should have been with the supercharger. I do understand that using the canned tune can hold you back, as I have seen a Magnuson SS using their canned tune and it was weak, 480s on the dyno and 119 on the dragstrip. Was your TCM unlocked and tuned as part of the install?

Agree with using the 3-BAR MAP sensor in the manifold (I used the red GM one with my Paxton), and also installing a baro breakout (I ended up with the DSX kit), for your upcoming custom tune.
I was wondering if it would be better to learn by altering the AFR and Spark with the existing setup, before I delve into going from 1 bar to 3 bar. I don't have a great understanding right now of what all needs to change when going 1 bar to 3 bar sensor other than extending some of the tables with the new values. Need to revisit some of those videos and better understand how to extrapolate the values needed. Maybe it's not that complicated?

I'm not clear at all at the moment how the tune that's there right now functions with a 1 bar. The 1 bar maxes out at 118 Kpa... so my assumption is that anything above 102Kpa is assumed to be full throttle and the fueling is fudged with artificially high numbers for that pressure.

I have experience with "old school" engine tuning, as well as understanding of how FI works. I have a degree from a tech school and was a mechanic in the early 2000's before I became a software engineer. So I've got the basic knowledge of how the mechanicals and software work, just not any experience so far with tuning FI for performance on Gen V. I figure if I just stick with small incremental changes, I should be okay for starters.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote