View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 08:18 AM   #10
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Looking good
How do you find PC's "canned tune" in other respects? Drivability, idle, Etc.?
Any issues like overly rich/lean? Is your fuel 93 pump?
Do you know the max boost level?
How soon in the RPM do you feel full-boost kicking in with the P1X ?
Did you measure R-WHP on a dyno?
How do you find PC's "canned tune" in other respects? Drivability, idle, Etc.?

It's ok. Not great... but ok. There are no "problems", but it feels a lot less torquey in the part throttle range, less throttle responsive compared to the NA/stock tune. I am assuming that the loss in torquey feel either has a lot to do with the tune, or I am just having an altered perception due to the power increase up higer.

Idle rpm seems like it was raised by the PC tune for some reason, but idle quality is fine. They prob increased it so you can hear the SC whine at idle.

Gas mileage is hard to say because I cant keep my foot out of it It's too much fun. I did managed to get a good 50 mile highway stretch with limited pedal mashing and was getting 26-27 MPG.

Any issues like overly rich/lean?

Prob overly rich. I've been told the PC canned tune is designed that way. The tailpipes get black as can be after only 30 min of driving.

Is your fuel 93 pump?

Yes

Do you know the max boost level?

Technically, no. Supposed to be 7 PSI. I have my wideband and boost gauge on the way.

How soon in the RPM do you feel full-boost kicking in with the P1X ?

It's very linear... not like a turbo spooling or anything. The lower RPM range (0-3000) feels less powerful with the PC tune compared to NA/stock tune. But it really lights up around 3000-4000 RPM. You gradually build boost through the rpms, so just more noticeable at higher RPM.

Did you measure R-WHP on a dyno?

No. I really want to learn and do as much as I can myself. For me, the 1/4 mile is going to be my measurement. I may put on a dyno eventually. I've been procrastinating doing the wideband and tuning due to time and cost. I'm the type of person who hates to take a car in to anyone else for anything. I'd rather learn and do it myself. Even if I mess up. At least I'll learn.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote