View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 06:15 PM   #17
AZ_ZL1

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Congrats on the new car! Where in AZ are you. Im out in Waddell. (Sweet I’m in North Peoria)

As far as oil change, od say do it around 500-1000 miles. Do the diff around 500 miles as well. Then its good for a long while afterwards. (Sounds good thx)

Get the zl1 add-ons lift blocks and rock guards asap. (Definitely)

As far as tint, unfortunately my tint person went under during covid so idk. Id also recommend spending the coin and either get it PPF'd or ceramic (or both) depending on if its a daily driver or a weekend toy. Past that, enjoy the car.
(I am going to put the ceramic on myself and might get some of the front fascia and stuff PPF’d also)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
If you check on Amazon, there are similar Chinese "knockoff" lifting blocks for the 6th gen. They are a little cheaper than ZL1addons, but do exactly the same thing! Had them on mine for over 2 years without an issue.
(I actually bought those first because of Amazon got them faster than ZL1 addons so I supported both )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Congratulations and one of my favorite colors! Enjoy that new hotrod.��
(Thanks )

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Looks very good, congrats

The diff fluid change is to get rid of potential break-in contamination, cheap insurance and peace of mind basically. (Sounds good and I will do it also pretty nice only having to do the rear diff fluid without transfer case and front diff )

If you want to preserve the paint in the best possible condition, I'd look at getting some rock guards (mudflaps, heh) as well as PPF for at least the front and side mirror caps, but if you can swing it, the whole car.
(Sounds good got the ZL1 addons deluxe ones and wanting to get some done up front but the whole car is out. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Congrats on the Z! (Thanks )

Or you can support an American entrepreneur instead.

(Actually bought both sets 1 from Amazon since faster and also ZL1 addons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Congrats on the purchase! That riverside blue is beautiful and it was my second choice behind black.
(Thanks I was looking for Black as well since it’s looks Bada$$. Extra work but have done it many times before.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG20SS View Post
Nice ride man. enjoy it
(Thanks and so far it’s a blast)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians98ss View Post
For tinting try

https://shanestintandclearbra.com/

He is located in Peoria and did a great job on my last two Corvettes.
(Very cool it is one of the companies I have been considering, thank you.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Highly recommend Smart Film in NE Mesa. They did the Clear Bra on my Z/28. Very happy. +1 for ZL1 Addons lifting blocks and their Tow Hooks.
(Thanks but that’s a bit too far about 1 hour away. I still appreciate the info though )
AZ_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote