View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #29
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Yes - I agree. The used prices are very close to new, too close in most cases. For example, a V6 trimmed out like the one I placed an order for(20" rims, stripes, 6-speed) stickered for about $29,500. Ive seen fairly comparable used ones, like 2016-2019 where the asking price is like $25K to $29K. Its like....guys..... c'mon.
I'd expect a car like that to go for the low $20's. If so - Id certainly consider that as an option. But within a few grand of new? Tough to swallow that!
When you look at it purely as a price item, I agree that it makes no sense. But, if you step back and look at as "what can I buy right now", it starts to shift a little to show where you'll pay a premium for a used vehicle simply because it's available now and not months and months from now (and possibly at a time of year when you couldn't even drive it).

Here's another minor glitch in the system... I have a 2015 Silverado that I'd "like to" replace (but I have no specific reason where I must replace it). I'm holding off for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that the "new" trucks are missing features that I have no way to obtain later on and I'm not being offered enough of a price break to accept the vehicle without them. If I were in a position where I had to replace the truck, I'd be looking at very lightly used ones and would pay the price because I'd get all of the advertised features.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote