View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #3
1fujifilm

Drives: 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshman View Post
Hi Everyone, I have been looking for a ZL-1 Convertible manual trans. I'm located in the Philly area. I thought I was going to be the new owner of a 2018 blue ZL-1 convertible today. My wife and I traveled to a dealer outside of DC. The car had about 7500 miles and we agreed on a price of $51k plus T&TL. The dealer told me the car was in great condition. Of course, I was highly disappointed upon my inspection of the car. Something also just didn't feel right, so I walked away from the dealer without my new to me ZL-1. I know it was the right decision, but I was hopeful for a new toy.

Anyways, I have researched the market for ZL-1 convertibles with manual transmission quite a bit. I have found one new 2019 vert for a little over $62k plus T&TL. Is this a decent deal for a convertible? I don't mind waiting a bit if I can get a decent deal. I think I would pull the trigger at $60k for new if I could find one. Maybe I'm unreasonable to think I could buy for $60k?

The used market does not appear to be that great right now for these cars and the used cars that I have found are generally priced at $55k and above. I'm sure if I expanded my search for coupes I would have many more options, but I definitely want a convertible with manual trans.

One interesting thing to note is that it appears that there are several ZL-1's for sale with very low mileage. The one I looked at today was a 2 owner with only 7400 miles. I think the second owner only put a couple thousand miles on it. Just seems strange to me the amount of used ZL-1's with very low mileage. Surprised that people buy and sell a car so quickly - especially this beast!

I'm a former vette owner and I noticed many vette dealers advertise new cars in the vette forum. I'm new to this forum. Do any dealers advertise new camaros here? Also, if anyone has had a good experience with a dealer near Philly, please let me know. Thanks for all comments. Great forum full of good information.

Hello,
I would not buy a used ZL-1 either, these cars get out of hand quickly and end up into poles, trees, walls and other cars; likely light damage but still damaged.

My personal experience is a new $70,700 MSRP ZL-1 vert with manual for $58,450; that's a $12,250 dealer discount or 17.3% discount prior to trade, tax, title and doc fee.
FYI; for me to buy they need to get to a 25% dealer discount to buy.
Why, even at $58,450 it is only worth 49k a year later, depreciation is the cost not what we pay up front.

Bear
1fujifilm is offline   Reply With Quote