View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 04:05 PM   #15
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
Sounds great, sorry I missed it! I'd have been bummed if my heat was in the rain, though - I've no problem driving in rain, but it takes the fun out of a timed event I'm sure. Certainly takes the fun away on a track day in my experience, anyway! Then again, it would give me an excuse to just run the whole event sideways...

I'm going to go for some light-weight wheels and grippy tyres at some point. Will *probably* get the fender replaced first. I almost went for the 1LE front and rear sway bars, but am holding off so far - would that be worth doing without any other suspension upgrades do you think? They're only about $160 for a set right now I think.

I may have a co-driver next race. She's the NC champion for figure 8 racing, 2014 and 2015. So...that should be interesting!
It's actually fun and a totally different challenge driving fast in the rain while maintaining control of the vehicle. That being said I do prefer the dry.

Wheels and tires are the best first upgrade for autocross. If you intend to run the car in F-Street you must maintain the stock wheel width, but you can change the diameter by +/1 1 inch, and the offsets can vary by +/- 7mm, tires must be 200 treadwear or higher, but you can put whatever size tire will fit the stock wheel width. You can remove or replace 1 swaybar in FS, not both. Other suspension modifications are limited to changing shocks or struts. Allowed mods for street classes are very limited, but its still super competitive and a lot of fun. I suggest you start there and then if you decide you have to do more to the car you can move to something like CAM class where mods are pretty much unlimited, but things get really expensive really fast there.

Co-Drivers are always welcome. Has she autocrossed before? If not even though she has other motorsports experience she should still sign up as a novice, and if the instructor signs off on them knowing up from down and she doesn't want/need any coaching she wont have to after the first run.