View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
Thanks for that! I used an app on my smartphone yesterday to run a zero to 60 time and I got 5.02 seconds. Its hot down here in Memphis and I did the run on a street that was not flat and the AC running. I see that there are apps for HP and Torque also, but I am not for sure how accurate they are. This weekend I will take the car to a spot that has a flatter surface and see if I can do some runs with and without the spacer and air fins. The car flat out hauls @SS and that's what I really care about. The local dyno here in Memphis also specializes in HPT software so I will see if they can do the LGX engine and if not then I will see just what a dyno session costs. Any other suggestions are always appreciated but even I know that I am pretty much at the limit with mods on the car that I can "get away with" while it is under warranty
Cell phone i dont trust as much on accuracy. Unless you have a external gps whmith high sampling, or a stand alone data logger being run through the phone or odb2 port to the phone.

If you have a a 6th gen, the accelerometers in the 0-60 that's already in your car will more than likely be more accurate than a cell phone app.

Its in your dash and you control it by the right toggle directional on your steering wheel. Its already tapped into various car systems. Theres 0-60, 0-100, and more performance tests you can do. Its built into the car. Even g forces.

Plenty of mods you can do to increase efficiency. Plenty. One simple one is wrapping exhaust pipes to keep the heat inside flowing hot and not cooling down. Theres also removing the spring loaded valves towards the rear another restriction.

Dont forget suspension. Fe2 stuff is soft and sloppy. Cradle bushing lockouts and if serious, diff bushing lockouts allow you to put more power to the ground and not wasted in the soft sloppy rubber bushings.

Plenty of small things to do that many overlook

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote