View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #7
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Yea id have to see some dyno sheets or time slips to believe that. Over two decades of independent tests on those things that have shown nothing if not a loss in actual power....

Its like people claimed throttle controllers made the car quicker, and i dont doubt it changed the feel, but they havent added power on a dyno, nor have any 0-60s become any quicker.

Most of my tests have been done via time slips. Tryong something and seeing times consistently drop a few tenths. Then you know.

With all due respect, For those of us that have done testing on cars, kenny hit the nail on the head... most know you arent gonna gain 25 whp with the basic additions you added. Restrictions usually reduce power, or in the least stiffle off your top end. As said thats why we seek to get rid of em

Will be waiting to see what your before and afters show.

For tuner, as kenny has mentioned will at overkill, is a v6 go to with lgx experience. Ive talked to steve at rdp as well a while ago.

Applaud the efforts. Gluck with your goals.

Thanks for that! I used an app on my smartphone yesterday to run a zero to 60 time and I got 5.02 seconds. Its hot down here in Memphis and I did the run on a street that was not flat and the AC running. I see that there are apps for HP and Torque also, but I am not for sure how accurate they are. This weekend I will take the car to a spot that has a flatter surface and see if I can do some runs with and without the spacer and air fins. The car flat out hauls @SS and that's what I really care about. The local dyno here in Memphis also specializes in HPT software so I will see if they can do the LGX engine and if not then I will see just what a dyno session costs. Any other suggestions are always appreciated but even I know that I am pretty much at the limit with mods on the car that I can "get away with" while it is under warranty
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote