View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #10
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Well for starters, that was hardly a video that I would draw any solid conclusion from. And there is no telling if either car is truly "stock". Judging by the supercharger whine on the HC and comparing it to how mine sounds now with the LMI (and how it sounded when it was stock) I would suspect the HC at least has an intake on it. But anyway...

The Hellcat, in a roll race, trans to trans and with equal driver, WILL have the advantage against a ZL1. Trust me, they are incredibly fast. But that does not mean that every Hellcat will always win against every ZL1 every time. There are too many variables. A ZL1 might win here and there. But the Hellcat will have the advantage. That advantage increases dramatically when the cars are both modded similarly. Whereas the HC can hit 900s to the wheels with the stock cam and stock blower, you will need a cam and upgraded blower to make those numbers in a ZL1. And you'll likewise spend much more money doing so. I'd say at least an extra $15K to $20K on the ZL1 to get to 900 RWHP. So there's that. But the tables turn when cornering is thrown in the mix. So it comes down to if you want something that can corner or something that has the advantage in a straight line.

But again, that video shows nothing solid. If anything, it does look like the HC was starting to gain on the ZL1. If the video wasn't cut then I'm sure we would have seen the HC slowly pull by. Given enough room the HC definitely will catch up to and pass the ZL1 starting right around 100-120 MPH.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote