View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkMamba2015 View Post
Why does everything for the Gen 5 cost so damm much? Cam install and 2800 stall converter install, $5500.00 Does this sound correct?
With a cam in an L99, truly depending on what you have chosen to install, there are DoD deletions, possibly VVT deletions or augmentations, extra parts like lifters, phase limiters, valley covers, etc. These parts are on additions to the normal new cam, springs, retainers, and pushrods that would be done in an LS3.

You may have other optional parts like a timing chain, and timing chain dampner, trunion upgrades, etc that all are on the "extras" parts list but do add $$$ to the total.

I think with the increased labor of also dropping the tranny for the new converter, you are right at the going rate if a dyno tune is also included.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote