View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #10
CAPTRS777

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE HBM 14 SALEEN 620[S]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
This car was my first car that I’ve ever had coated.
You will want to take into consideration that ceramic coating will not protect against etching from bird and bug droppings, and watermarks will etch into it as well. The coating itself is also semi-permanent; meaning in 2-5 years depending on what you buy you will have to have what is left removed, and reapplied. The coating will protect against light abrasions, but I can tell you that I had a cat jump on my car and its nails went right through the alleged 5 coats of ceramic pro 9h coating, but not through the clear.
The car did look beautiful when I received it back, but 2 years later its paint is actually in worse condition than my past cars without coating because you’re not supposed to clay it or polish it.
you get to use fallout remover on it; which I’ve tried many brands and they aren’t as anywhere near as effective as clay, and use special ceramic laced soaps, then blow dry your car instead of towel off. there is wax out now for ceramic coatings; I bought it (@ $100), and found out really quick that if you put it on thick its really hard to get it off.
if you get up on the car and look into the paint after cleaning now I can see shadows in the paint from the coating application and wear.
If the car was not coated I would be able to polish it out and based on my previous uncoated cars it would look better.
I do not think I will have another car coated in the future.
Dang that is good to know... I remember when I used to wash, backfire prep, backfire sealant, and simply spray "touch up" from wash to wash. Car always looked new and shined without any issues.

I am also trying to not damage the carbon fiber or satin hood. Trying to figure out how to protect it all without spending $6000+ that apparently some people are paying for PPF. That number just seems insane to me. The more I read about it the more I think it is wayyy out of my price range.
CAPTRS777 is offline   Reply With Quote