View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #12
mblum

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I don’t think that’ll make a difference. Like some of the guys mentioned, it’s possibly fluid temperature related. Still, it shouldn’t happen at all on a totally stock car. Sounds like GM needs to release a transmission software update for this.
I checked out the video in your thread you had linked above and that is exactly what my car did. One thing I did not do was check trans temp. The drive to the event was about 35 minutes and my first pass was done about 20 minutes after I arrived. The first delayed shift wasn't experienced until the 3rd or 4th pass so I know the trans wasn't cold but I did not check the temp. Also I have the car at two track days and have not had a single trans issue either time.

On a side note I've been seeing some chatter on here lately about how Hellcats are faster than the A10 ZL1. At this event there were 3 stock Hellcats and one that had a mild pulley upgrade (there were also 3 that were running whipples but didn't see the point of running those

I really wanted to see how my car stacked up against a stock Hellcat, which seems to be harder to find than one would think as most are modded around here. I got a chance to race each one of the stockish ones. Two of them were M6 Hellcat Challengers on drag radials which I was able to pull about a half to one car on during a 40-115 MPH run. Another Hellcat Challenger M6 with the mild pulley upgrade was on street tires and I was able to pull about a half a car on that one. The last was a 2018 Hellcat Charger A8 and it was a very close race, basically who ever got the jump would win, neither car was pulling on each other and were basically side by side during the entire run.
So my conclusion was that the A10 can edge out the M6 Hellcat and was pretty much dead even with the A8.
mblum is offline   Reply With Quote