View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
My build is almost complete!!

It's been quite some time since I dropped off my ZL1 to get modded and there were a few snags and delays along the way. But it is just about finished. It was on the dyno a few days ago and I got some numbers. But I opted to go for a little bit more. Here is where I am at.

Build includes: Whipple 2.9 (originally I planned for the Maggie 2650 but we had issues getting one).
TSP stage 2 cam (DOD delete).
PRC ported heads.
TSP 2 inch LTs.
Full 3 inch exhaust (MBRP Race catback).
Big Gulp intake.
NW 103mm TB.
DSX Aux pump.
Flex Fuel setup.
93 Octane tune, 100 Octane tune, Flex Fuel tune.
Other ancillary items (plugs, etc...)

So aiming for the Heavens I was hoping for 850-ish to the wheels on 93 octane and closer to 900 on 100 octane. I dream big. I'll be happy tho with 800-ish on 93 and 850s on 100. On the dyno so far we hit 730s to the wheels but the pull was in 6th and that was with the lower than expected boost (I believe it was just under 15 psi). I wanted to squeeze a bit more boost out so we ordered another pulley and belt and will see what that gets us.

I'm aware that 7th is the 1:1 ratio and ideal for pulls but we have to go with 6th due to restrictions with the dyno. So I'm guessing that is costing me some power...maybe around 30. The new pulley should get me to right about 16 which should squeeze out a bit more. I'm guessing that if the pull is in 7th then I'd be seeing high 700s on 93. As it is I'm guessing mid 700s with the extra pulley and the 6th gear pull. The 100 octane pull should be high 700s but I am hoping to break the 800 mark with 100 octane in 6th.

I am also having an E85 setup and tune added in with a gauge. I'm thinking that will be good for high 700s on E30-40...?? Guesses??

Hopefully it will all be buttoned up today or tomorrow. If not then early next week. I'd like to see some guesses on my final numbers. I will update as soon as I get them.

Also, in NJ we have 93 octane everywhere. However I am in Nebraska for a work assignment and will likely have the car out here for a few months to a year. In Omaha the max is 91 octane. Any suggestions on octane boosters that are safe and reliable? I might just get a 91 octane tune added in for safety. Ideas??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote