View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #21
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroguy555 View Post
It's not being simple minded, if an engineer says use "X" filter I'm not going to use "Y" filter to save a couple bucks. The only other thing I will consider will be an OEM or OES replacement. This isn't a Honda Civic, if you plan to do any performance driving making sure you have adequate oil pressure is crucial. Show me where Fram has tested THEIR filter in OUR car on the track with vary G forces and was able to maintain adequate pressures. It may or may not but I am not willing to risk it. I trust the people who built and tested it.
except when it comes to consumable items like filters, far more comes into play than simply performance for OEM's. They have to work well, but not too well that they need to be replaced frequently since they know people will do them once a year if that instead of the recommended amount of time. Same reason why their air filters are paper.

the AC delco's in the store are like 3-4 dollar garbage filters. Not sure if the OEM uses the same but they've been cut open and it's no different than the el-cheapo fram filters for roughly the same price.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote