View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 08:34 PM   #7
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
I've ran with HOD, NASA, CHIN.(All at VIR) Here are my takes.

NASA: Will give you the least track time but all my time on the track has been very productive with them. Lot's going on at a NASA event, between TT, Lightning/Thunder races, packed schedule.

HOD: Good coaching, more track time than NASA, good run groups, well balanced.

CHIN: Only 3 groups and the Novice group is incredibly slow, lots of tracktime and a nice 1 hour long session at the end of the day open for everyone. Single sessions tend to be longer as well, 30 or 40 minutes.

My least favorite was CHIN, I was way faster than anyone else in Novice but they wouldn't let me move up to the Blue group, it was an incredibly frustrating experience. It felt like I was stuck in traffic on my way to the grocery store the entire day. Almost half the group was completely off-line and very unpredictable. I almost left early because it was so frustrating. The only thing that saved it was the hour long session at the end of the day. NASA is great because the traffic always seems to be well managed, I'll start in the front of the group and get about 3 clean laps before I hit any traffic, and by that time it's mostly spread out. HOD was good as well and they let me move up groups without issue. I usually go with NASA but I wouldn't hesitate to go with HOD again. I'll probably stay away from CHIN for now, only 3 groups tends to create too much traffic. I don't really feel I benefit from the extra track time. I prefer the 20-25 minute sessions, that is enough to get some good laps in and then take a break.
Great info Christian, thanks. And everyone else that's replied also

I was really looking at Chin over Labor day weekend, I was thinking of taking that week off and it would work out well. But the others are actually on the weekend so those would work too.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote