View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #11
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I run up against a big variety of daily drivers on the strip. Since my relocation here its becoming my new hobby i guess. Expensive one. Basically we are still respecting all the V8s except for the classic cars, the occasional caprice or impala or moni carlo types. I am still 2 car lengths behind gen 5 V8. Maybe par with the 4.6 3V Mustang, is it the the S197, older wrx, shitty honda tuners and anyone who cant launch like the 69 camaro I beat out at by.02 secs, he had a bad launch but trapped at 111. Racing on paper is one thing but in practice there is so much variability you could compare it to a battle field game with all the sensory and environmental inputs going on. Its like golf, your really trying not to defeat yourself. When you look at the numbers by rule of thumb start counting weight by the 100# for each .1 and HP by 10's for each .1 (this might be off, chime in) and see where you need to go. Then get a drag pack, and optimal track conditions, and then you have the reality of it. BUT on the other hand every one has the same handicaps so it kind of levels the playing field a bit. Versed a vaunted M4, and you know at the end of the day, for the cost of the car, its still a good ride when you look at what 3x as much cost will get you, and decide how much more the extra 25 more mph costs. If we can get the engine to hold together, the occasional 50# nitrous shot would be fun to consider. Best 0-60 ft is like 1.9, and best second half is like 23 mph best top end is 103, and best tap is 13.6x, But the bests never line up to make the perfect run. That's racing.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote