View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShadow View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm interested in buying a Turbo 4 Camaro and i was just wondering about its moddability.

1) I'm assuming that the stock turbo is a T3 equivalent? Anybody swap out to a T3/T4 setup? any clearance issues? stock manifold or aftermarket? if aftermarket is it a cast log manifold or welded tubular?

T4 setup haven't heard of any issues it's a very small turbo. Only a select count on 1 hand few have messed with the manifold on extensive builds only.

2) i have seen some threads talking about upgraded internals. Does the block itself need to be sleeved? like is it an open or closed deck? or can upgraded pistons be dropped right in?

No sleeving nut your not gonna be able to change them without removing the engine as far as i know.

I have a bit of prior experience with turbo 4's (swapped honda, fully built motor) so i was a bit excited when i heard a while back that Chevy and Ford had turbo 4 cars of their own.

anyways thanks in advance =)
You're fine on stock internals til 400whp range then your waiting for an issue if you don't upgrade to forged internals. Most FBO 93 Pump Gas cars run anywhere from 300 to 315whp and 370 to 390wtq with competent tuning. Like zts said do your research especially on tuners some have had a lot of issues others have been alright for better or worse.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote