View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Because GM has always kept the top engines out of the Camaro.

LS9
LS6
LT5
LT4
LS-6
LS-5
All the big block 427s.

GM has never put its best in the Camaro.
All old school. Things have changed since the LT4 and Camaro published the fastest ring time ever for Corvette or Camaro with this engine. The tradition is broken.

LT5

LT4

LS9
LS6
LS-6
LS-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
How did we go from the LT5 will or will not make it into the Camaro to arguing over not getting the vette engine at the same mfg timeframe??

Mike wasn't asking 'what makes you so sure it won't' for tomorrows production?? He clearly stated he is willing to bet the 7th gen will have the LT5?? That's it...by that time (2022 by mlee's guess) the ZR-1 & LT5 marriage is likely on the rocks & she's ready to come slum it with us lowly Camaro scabs.

Yeah, the L88 in 69 is worth bringing up again...
Camaro always gets hand-me-downs from the vette when it makes sense. LT4 hit the Z06 and was top dog. Now it's in the Camaro. Just because the LS9 (or the ZR1 motor) never went in the Camaro certainly doesn't mean the LT5 is off the table. We kind of moved quickly past the LS9 with dry sump etc and onto the LSA which made more sense last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
"...Now that Al O. is gone.."

Well, maybe that is a good thing. Mr. sticking with tradition, No Auto in a 1LE-man....

Bye Al, time to break tradition and get some power under that Camaro hood.
Al, is the one that broke tradition on this one. He knew it way back when I ordered my manual 1LE. Probably one of their best kept secrets but then it's pretty easy to hide a gear shifter.