View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #29
Jason18ZL1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Finally got this resolved as of today. The new rear end didnt stop the issue of my left turn fuel pump voltage drop issue, but it did obviously fixed the whining issue. Fun fact, the preload was way out of spec because the main pinion nut loosened itself a good half turn! Brand new rear end is being broken in as we speak. About 500miles on it already but will take it easy to 1000 then swap fluid.

As for the issue regarding my engine codes and loss of power on hard left turns... my builder was working on a ZL1 1LE and installed 2" ARH headers (Mine are 1 7/8) and he noticed it was actually making contact with the main harness under the coolant tank... so he asked me to bring the car back and sure enough, we lifted up the tank, pulled the harness up and found the melted wires.

GM decided to run this harness NEXT to the frame rail rather than on top of it even though there plenty of room to run it away from the exhaust. The ARH headers and they way they are designed put the front pipe over the top of the rest and right on this harness. He said he hasnt seen this issue with Kooks or SW. Either way, we pulled back the insulation, fixed the wires effected and rewrapped and reloaced the harness and my issues are gone! Whew...

Moral of the story... if you have a ZL1 with ARH headers, you might want to check this!
Attached Images

Jason18ZL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote