View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #8
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
I have a Panamera S and it is a pure joy to drive - especially on a long road trip. Mine has the 400hp V8. Shares the garage with my 2016 SS Convertible w/ 6MT. I would recommend looking for a GTS from 2013-2015 and find one as a CPO if at all possible Very solid cars - shouldn't have trouble with the engine / trans. Things like suspension bushings wear out quickly. Electronics are always a gamble with the Germans. Mine has been solid so far. Owned 14 months and mine is a CPO car.

I would personally not touch a BMW M car with the turbo V8. Those engines have serious issues and they can be very expensive issues. I don't trust them at all - not reliable issues. If you want that kind of power get a Panamera Turbo or a Hellcat or even SRT392 if you can handle the low rent interior. Those cars are quite nice driving cars and the powertrain is outstanding. Interior is pretty meh - I could maybe live with it, but would be tough after a bunch of BMW's and now the Porsche.

Best compromise in a true performance sedan with a quality interior is gen2 CTSV. Prices reflect this however. You can get a brand new SRT392 Scat Pack charger or a 5 year old CTSV with 50K miles on it for low to mid $30Ks
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote