View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 01:53 AM   #54
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I've had a 6th gen SS and I could afford any of the models. The 2.0T is light, nimble, and quick. Out of all the engines, it feels the most fun to me because I get to use all its power. It seems like the car was almost designed around this engine. When you throw in the great aftermarket and community, its kind of a no-brainer decision. I'm honestly surprised more people aren't open to it but there is still a significant backlash against the 4-cylinder being in a Camaro. Heck, just look at Porsche and the 718 cayman, people hate it for only having 4 cylinders even though its an incredible car. It's the same here, for many its "V8 or nothing". Those going for the V6 may be drawn by the regular gas, or the sound, but its still heavier than the I4 and has much less mid range torque. The I4 is the true drivers Camaro. The square 245 set up suits the car well. It dives into corners and you get that flying sensation, which is the fun part for me. Yes there is turbo lag. Yes it runs out of steam above 5-6k. Yes keeping it in the power band requires finesse especially if you have the M6. Yes it sounds like a 4-cylinder turbo. But the combination of the alpha chassis, the light weight, and the fat mid range torque, is totally unique (well, except for the ATS). It's pretty difficult to think of another car that even comes close in the price range.

And you can find these going for 19, 20k. It's absolutely crazy. That's almost in the "buy 2, keep one nice and un-modded, and make the other a track beater with full mods" category. In a few short years, you'll be able to find used LTG camaros in the $12,000 range. People will be scanning autotrader for them, snatching them up and then re-building them with forged internals.

Last edited by protovack; 03-14-2019 at 02:45 AM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote