View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #35
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Z/28 is a fully developed and extremely focused car. The 6th gen car is still a prototype.

It looks to me like the 6th gen will be narrower which makes it look taller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
Hard to compare a 6th Gen prototype that likely is just an SS to the 5th Gen Z/28 that was practically built for lapping the Nurburgring...
I wasn't actually comparing the two in the sense that I think the 6th gen is underperforming or something like that. I understand the 6th gen is still undergoing testing of course. Just wanted to post up the pictures to show the vast difference between this protype 6th gen and the tuned and ready track animal that is the Z/28.

Quote:
I'm guessing the 1LE is the handling benchmark for the gen 6 SS.
If the standard 6th gen SS can match the 1LE on the track I think that would be pretty amazing, as the 1LE is so fantastic. I kind of feel that Chevy won't push the standard SS to be that good. Instead I think the 6th gen standard SS will be somewhere between the current 5th gen and on the 1LE while the new 1LE (assuming they offer another 1LE package....surely they will have some type of handling package) will perform slightly better than the 5th gen 1LE.

Quote:
Sounds good but too much tire squeal. I hope this is just the SS or early stages of the suspension tuning.

This looks like it could be the 1LE. There is a splitter on one of the cars.

Attachment 665897
Good catch!