View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 07:06 PM   #2485
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
I'll be doing them occasionally like I did last year. I like 19.1: it punishes people for being dicks/heroes on the rower.
I know people bitched about the changes but I'm interested to see how things settle.
In a way I get it. Makes it more like the Olympics and from a business and profitability standpoint it's a very smart decision.

Other side is that the winners in some countries won't be as good as the 50th place finisher in the US. And it makes it more of a "everybody is a winner" sport which our society has become.

Hasn't affected Monique as of yet because she's in the masters category. This event is for sure not in her wheelhouse because she is short but it's good to get it out of the way.

Hoping to at bare minimum qualify for the Masters Qualifier this year. Qualifying for the games will be tough though with it being cut to top 10 and honestly her Olympic lifts aren't on that level yet.

But about 5 months ago she did her first ring MU and now they aren't a problem. That was the last "hurdle". Been a long 4 years of working on them. Now it's just about raising those Olympic lifts and her work capacity even more.

Good luck to you sir!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote