View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #1861
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Watching the video again a few times the bar definitely drifted away from your shins at the start of the lift. A lot of times the correcting this is easy. You need to put tension on the bar with it against your shins before you actually pull. In other words, get into position, get the bar against your shins, pull up with say 100lbs of force to get everything tight, then lift....and remember to lift up and back at the same time.

You need to train your grip and ditch the straps. I know you say you don't plan on competing and that's fine but RGR your grip is everything in life (that and a big back squat lol). You should be able to hold more than you can lift.

JT makes a good suggestion below. But if you don't want to buy anything, one of the best exercises you can do with gym equipment you already have access to is hexagon dumbbell holds with just your fingertips.

I will give it a shot today when I deadlift. Try harder to pull closer to my shins. My best back squat last year was 465lbs. This year I wanted to hit 500lbs on both deadlift and back squat, but straining my MCL and a few other accidents through a wrench in that. Building back up slowly. I will definitley concentrate harder on not just the pull but no straps.

I have seen guys do the the dummbbell holds before! I will try it out!

Thank you guys.

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote