View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #13
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Well guys, please don't take this as shilling, but I had business to do again today at Schumacher Chevy in Denville and it seems these guys are just getting better.

I took the Camaro in for a preventive diff fluid flush and also bought a replacement kid hauler for wifey, had to, don't ask why . Told the service manager about the new mods in my sig and asked him how the powertrain warranty would be handled going forward.

Instead of the dismissal and legalese I had kind of braced myself for, he got all excited and asked me what kind of blower it was, specs etc., then told me he would've done the same in my shoes and he'll take care of me in case of any future issues as much as possible . He also knew about the Magnuson warranty handling process, so hopefully things will be managed well if trouble hits (also, they had already been very accommodating and helpful with my A8 worries).

In the meantime the sale went down without a hitch, the CPO Traverse I chose was just as clean as the sales guy had promised, basically everyone acted as a pro, the process was quick and painless. Since I had to take my three kids with me, I expected a bit of reluctance and sideways looks, but everyone was friendly, the kids were given things to keep them occupied, no trouble at all. The finance director even showed me pics of his gazillion horsepower Lingenfelter 'Vette and had me pop the hood to show him the Maggie and the install, which he enthusiastically approved of.

After the tech was done with the diff flush, a quick and clean job, the service manager came back, commented on how clean and OEM-like the supercharger install was, asked me who had done it and what that new custom valve under the engine bay was for as he hadn't seen that before (it's the catch can drain valve), then praised the installer again. Don't get me wrong, it's Jannetty's work so I'm not trying to strut, just wanted to share that this looks like a great mod-friendly dealership here in northern NJ.

Also, while I'm pretty picky in general, I also try to be reasonable, visiting a dealer for service or purchase shouldn't have to be a "me vs them stealers" affair, and I'm glad to see this reciprocated. Some businesses don't give two s**ts about you even when you purchase from them, but this apparently isn't one of them.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote