View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #85
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
I figure because of how corner heavy my track is that having more than -2.5 front camber would be beneficial.

I’m going to get a Pyro-metre to see what the temperature is across the face of my tire. That should tell
Me something about my alignment and if I could use more camber
That's always helpful, but frankly uneven tire wear is easy to spot without any tools per se. Id say GM camber specs are rather conservative. For example, for SS 1LE they are 2.0 and 1.5 and most folks (myself included), dial in more, especially in the front. I suspect your car would do better with higher front camber regardless of the venue, say 2.7-2.9 (max).
However, keep in mind, both SS 1LE and ZL1 are recommended the same camber, while ZL1 1LE is recommended more. I suspect mainly because the suspension is very different. So, not sure about the virtue of adopting a ZL1 1LE specs on a ZL1 with MRC.
A buddy with a ZL1 on G3Rs completely destroyed both fronts with 3.5 camber in about 2 or 3 *sessions* (less than a day). More corners = more tire wear, so be careful about going too far as it could be a costly experiment.

Not sure how a manufacturer can develop parts for a coilover car, which has completely different components and sits almost half an inch lower, as in ZLE and yet suggest the same parts for other models. But, be it as it may. While rear toe link kit seems a defo improvement over stock to keep the settings in check, the rest is a bit vague at best as to value of money spent.
Note that DSSV suspension offers completely different level of adjustability over MRC (as any coilover kit would). If ya decide to head this way, ping Ricky Bobby who put it on his car and ask for details about his build.
No reason to be a Guinea pig if others have already done the transition and can offer first hand info.

Anyhow, as a first step i would dial in more F camber to say 2.8 and maybe reduce the rear to 1.8. And then monitor tire wear on each rim after each run. Remember, the purpose of proper camber is to give YOU the biggest contact patch possible and to prevent uneven tire wear in the process. Lastly, the more camber in the rear the smaller the contact patch under acceleration. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote