Thread: Lt4 blower swap
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 07:32 AM   #10
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
Unfortunately not for a few states, but i will be running e85 soon and the lack of 93 availability just encouraged me to get a cam.

I got 1 of the first LT4 kits from weapon X, they were exceptionally helpful and had amazing customer service, so i really like them. The kit was complete with a zl1 take off. During the days i did install i had the car in my garage and it got flooded out by a broken water main while i was at work and did not see this for hours. The harness was probably fine but i thought it would be better to get another one to avoid potential issues down the line so i got one off adm. Andy was super helpful too.

The install was like all the other pd blowers so i just printed out the instructions from the other camaro kits and referred to some zl1 diagrams online. The biggest difference from the other kits is i swapped the valley cover and added the adapter plates.

The other things to consider are scalability, this build will not be super high horsepower due to the 1.7, but it is a super fun street car with really lower power band. Lastly, the lt4 is silent so if you want blower whine you either need an nx lid or a different blower.

At the end of the day cost was a factor especially since i never really modified a car before and for the money spent i have no complaints
Understood. So you can recommend both WeaponX and ADM for the components of such mod?
Was the use of the adapter plates and swapping the valley cover an issue requiring a great deal of DIY, or was it a straight forward job?

BtW, why did you end up getting the possibly water-damaged replacement wiring loom from ADM and not from WeaponX (your "original" supplier)?

Actually, I am looking for a streetable application. I am not into drag racing - just thinking of a bit more "fun" power. The fact that the blower is relatively quiet and not whining is an advantage for me as well - not a drawback.

I believe that using (maybe) one size smaller pulley, LT4 Injectors & LT4 FPs (+LT4 Fuel fittings) on 93 can get me to around a "safe enough" 560-580 RWHP, which is my ball-park goal. Idea is to also avoid having to go into the motor, in order to replace Pistons / Rods.
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote