View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #13
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
what i've seen is guys claiming a previous 12.8 car was showing 13.2, somewhere in that ballpark. a stock tune car runs what, 12.5? even if it then goes to 13.0 - that's not lean enough to hurt anything. i think it would knock on gasoline, stock tune, negating the benefits on an otherwise stock setup. my car knocked often when it was bone stock unless the weather was perfect.
Thanks, what is that number, gas/oxygen ratio or some thing like that? We are taliking about AFR?

I also found this:

"For example, for a gasoline engine, an AFR of 16.5:1 is lean and 13.7:1 is rich."

And the optimal AFR:

"The stoichiometric mixture for a gasoline engine is the ideal ratio of air to fuel that burns all fuel with no excess air. For gasoline fuel, the stoichiometric air–fuel mixture is about 14.7:1 i.e. for every one gram of fuel, 14.7 grams of air are required."

So in tuning the tuner tries to get to the stoichiometric mixture throughout the rev range? Or do they cheat a little by going slightly lean with a little more timing? Just guessing.

Wouldn't the knock cause the software controlled timing to pull back with the stock tune protecting the motor and negating the benefit somewhat of the LT2 IM? Tuners would smooth out the AFR to get the full benfit of the IM.

I only run 93.

So I have a new HP tuner brick to log my runs if I put the LT2 IM on. Then I can probably find someone who can help me figure out what is happening when I run all out.

Appleman22, thanks for the heads up. Sound like a plan?

ThE LT2 IM should get me into the 11s. I also added the VT Scoop and a Rotofab dry. With the DRs and RF I am at 12.10.. in +200 air. Seats in.