View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
OB0001
2018 SS A8 11.85@117.06

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS A8 "Dark Knight"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I have ordered an LT2 Camaro IM modded kit for my LT1.

I was thinking of running this without a tune. Now I am not that worried about tuning, but in light of the current LT1 motor valve issues and the old starter stuff, I am a little worried if I will need my drive train warranty.

But mainly my decision is based on whether or not Atco is sold and becomes something else.

So I want to hold off on tuning for now. After reading the threads it is still not clear to me.

I have been warned recently by somone who seems to be in the know that before I install the LT2 IM I need to do my research. The warning was the LT2 IM installed with the stock TB would run too lean at high rpm. I am happy with the stock redline, even if I tune for more secure motor longevity. But is the lean condition enough to damage the motor? I also occasionally hit the rev limiter. :(

I have to laugh at myself for saying all that as I run my LT1 as hard as it can usually once a week. AND I want to keep this car for my forever.

And I know what some are thinking, "Don't dance if you can't pay the band." I agree.

I have one on order. I am a bit peeved they took my Paypal $$ with no delivery date to ship. But I might as well buy it anyway, it will be easy to sell if I do not use it.
Who did you purchase IM from? I purchased from GPI/ non ported, 9/11, on 9/23 they said they received the IM and they working on it, still working on the IM as of 9/26.