View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sick of Car Care what am I doing wrong

Hello,

So between my 17' Challenger, 18' Challenger, and now my '18 1LE I've used almost every product that Adam's polishes can offer. I've studied their videos and wash/clean/protect as prescribed by them.

Specifically for my 1LE I believe the best combination is VRT for the tires, Wheel Cleaner for the rims and then dry. I used their paint sealant, then 2 layers of Ceramic Wax let cure. For maintenance washes it got a little mixed up. So I own Ceramic Boost because I used Ceramic Wax. At first for my challenger I would use it as a drying agent when I towel dried because that's what the website said to do worked great. Then with my Camaro I noticed that the bottle contradicted itself and your suppose to use it once the car is dried. So I did and it was very hard to work with, pulled a lot, and I think contributed to my swirl problems. Adam's says the new formula is better, works with the car still, wet safe for windows but I was doing this every wash.

The representative then said that I should be using boost once every 4 washes and I'm suppose to be laying down H2O Guard and Gloss as a drying aid. They sent my brilliant glaze which was suppose to help with the swirls but didn't.

So as it stands right now my Camaro has a paint sealant, 2 layers of ceramic wax, a couple spray layers of ceramic boost, a layer of brilliant glaze, and another spray of ceramic boost. And after all that I still have swirls. It's very annoying and frustrating as I've literally spent at minimum 3-400 dollars with Adam's.

Standard wash procedure is clean the wheels, apply VRT to tires, clean the windows. Wet the car, spray wash foam on car, hand wash with Adam's wash pad. Spray down and dry with 2 adam's ultra plush drying towels (now) with H2O G&G. Every couple washes apply new formula Ceramic Boost. Spray Matte hood with Adam's Matte Protectant spray. Also I only use clean towels which I clean after every wash and for sealants/coatings I use their softest buffing and polishing wrags.

So now that my rant is over. What am I doing wrong here. Is it the washing? Are there better products? Should I just say screw it and sent it to Esoteric to have single stage paint corrections to start over and have them put on a Ceramic Coating? Let me know what you think because I'm out of ideas and I'd prefer not to buff myself I can just see myself not going fast enough and making even more of a mess.
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote