View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 04:05 PM   #46
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Long story short; My Z was bayed for over 4 months during a vicious Lansing winter. Truck delivery took longer that usual to San Diego because of multiple break downs. That delayed ship delivery. Ship had mechanical issues so car was offloaded in Honolulu for a week, then loaded on next available roll on-roll off. Built 01/28, delivered 05/31 with a do not wash order.

Paint and glass were atrocious! Especially for a $70K car. At that time, I did a complete paint and glass correction (as well as an aluminum deoxidation of the undercarriage and engine bay, perhaps a story for another time). I was pleased with the initial results but likely because of my excitement to actually drive this car, it wasn't perfect.

Spent about 16-18 hours this weekend trying to finish the work that I started a year ago. I'm much too busy to do dedicate a correct amount of time to PROPER detail, so I took a staycation to rub on my Z and take as many items as possible off of the honey do list.

I really took my time and was extremely meticulous with great attention to detail.
Strip wash.
Medium clay bar.
Optical grade polish. (paint was still slightly spotted/stained but mostly corrected from initial detailing last year).
Polymer sealant.
Polymer wax.

Car looks amazing! I was not certain that I would ever see her finish in "show quality" condition. I am so stoked at the results...She is one serious hottie and athlete.

Any way, sorry for being so long winded, but that's what I did last weekend.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...1&d=1560224167
Attached Images

Last edited by waterman; 06-10-2019 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added pic
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote