View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 06:04 PM   #6
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
I've run MCS 3-way on my 2016 SS, and now I'm running MCS 2-way non-remotes on my ZL1 1LE. I like the non-remotes for simplicity, but I kinda liked the damping better with the 3-way, compression wasn't quite so digressive with those. I may get these revalved at some point.

I went from the DSSV to the MCS for the primary purpose of fitting more wheel and tire up front. I'm 18x12 in front now, and there is plenty of room. I'm considering 18x13, once some wider (fast) tires come out. Not for the faint of heart.

The damping on the MCS, as I have them set right now, is very similar to the DSSV. The DSSV have tons of low speed compression, and with 2wnr they feel very similar with the compression turned up.

I primarily autox, so it's tough to create any sort of direct comparison. So far I have been taking top PAX at local events by a bit more than I generally did last year on DSSVs against the same competition. I think any difference in time is primarily attributable to gaining an extra inch of front wheel/tire.

I'll be at the Ridge again later this year, but it's been repaved so my lap times would not be comparable.

What tophats and spring rates are you using? Obviously Auto-x vs. road course will be different, but curious where you started. Did you do the testing/set up on the dampers? How long did it take to finally get them dialed?

I could see a front tire helping more on auto-x than a road course. Unless I could increase the rear width proportionally, I'm not sure id increase the front width. No data to back this, just my opinion after testing various tire sizes. Maybe a 325/345 combo, but I don't see much available.