Auto Daytime:
All DRL's on - High Intensity
\
`-> When in park all DRL's off

Manual Parking Lights:
All DRL's on - Low Intensity

Manual & Auto Headlights:
All DRL's on - Low Intensity

I'd say the harness maybe acting differently as HSV has completely changed the front bumper harness to delete the DRL's and other devices. This may cause the Gen5DIY harness designed for a US car that's, "unmodified" if you will, to act in the way you are observing.
One more question. Do your side markers ever turn off? We have working side markers from factuary, but they are always on with the car.

And thanks for the reply, I'm trying to get as close to US as possible (while sticking to AU law), and it is hard to find out what your cars do, as it is the small details that nobody mentions, and I haven't been able to see in youtube videos.

I was told that HSV totally replaced the bumper harness and there wasn't any plugs for the bumper DRL's, so I had a custom Gen5DIY harness made.

When we got round to fitting it, we were surprised to find the plugs there, just covered up and cable tied out of the way. When we plugged in the DRL's into the original plugs, it looked to be working, pressing unlock turned the bumper DRL's on, so we put the front end back together without using the Gen5DIY solution. It was only after we finished up we noticed the issue.

I am 99.9% sure the custom harness will work fine, but I want to check all the details before I take my bumper apart again as it was a bit of a mission to do it.
sequal is offline   Reply With Quote