View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 02:00 PM   #5
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
I've run MCS 3-way on my 2016 SS, and now I'm running MCS 2-way non-remotes on my ZL1 1LE. I like the non-remotes for simplicity, but I kinda liked the damping better with the 3-way, compression wasn't quite so digressive with those. I may get these revalved at some point.

I went from the DSSV to the MCS for the primary purpose of fitting more wheel and tire up front. I'm 18x12 in front now, and there is plenty of room. I'm considering 18x13, once some wider (fast) tires come out. Not for the faint of heart.

The damping on the MCS, as I have them set right now, is very similar to the DSSV. The DSSV have tons of low speed compression, and with 2wnr they feel very similar with the compression turned up.

I think any difference in time is primarily attributable to gaining an extra inch of front wheel/tire.

I'll be at the Ridge again later this year, but it's been repaved so my lap times would not be comparable.
So the MSC dampers allow 1" more additional width which means you could you fit a 13" wide 19" diameter wheel up front?

Looks like the only sticky tires wide enough would be 345/30/19 A7 or R7 Hoosiers, still I'm interested... Might go to slicks next year anyways

Camaro Gen 6
1WNR $2,900
2WNR $3,700
2 Way $4,700
3 Way $6,250
4 Way $9,150

I have no idea how to judge whether or not the pricier 3 and 4 way options are worth it, as I don't know very much about dampers... thoughts and opinions?

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 04-19-2021 at 04:29 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote