View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #13
poor-sha

Drives: Chevy Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
the talking to me would probably be annoying lol since you have pdr do you think its something you would really pay $999 for ?
I did and think it's worth it but it all depends on what you're looking for. You can tone down or turn off the in car cues. Prior to getting the Garmin I was also running an Aim anyway because I wanted the predicted lap timer. The Garmin replaced that with a much nicer display at a minimum.

I don't have many track days with it yet but it is helpful to know when you've gone through a corner faster than before in real-time rather than looking at data after your session. I'm struggling a bit to put to use it's suggestions to apex sooner or later though.

While I am really in to data analysis and love the PDR I often find I'm too lazy to look at the data until I get home. The Garmin isn't as detailed but it's really convenient to use after each session. Get out of the car, pop the tablet off the mount, I see I am losing 0.4s in hogpen and another 0.3 in the T11-12 complex at VIR, now I have two things I can focus on doing better next session. Easy peasy.
poor-sha is offline   Reply With Quote