View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
Paddock neighbor at last weekends event had one, so we checked it out. The Bluetooth live coaching sounds really helpful, and it does “roll up” speed opportunities after a session to give focus to your improvement areas. Also, the video quality was incredible. Setup seemed simple enough: hard mount camera by rear view, mount the dash cradle, and install/connect Bluetooth headset in your helmet.

After the weekend, I listened to Speed Secrets podcast 160, which goes into depth about the product development. (Recommend you listen). There are a few items mentioned that seemed like blatant misses from Garmin that were discussed on that podcast: no video overlays when you export/upload video files (they’re shown on device, but don’t stack with the upload to PC). Also, there is no support for any OBD2 data. Hopefully these could be fixed through firmware updates. Otherwise, you’d probably end up using a second data system for those coverage areas. Also note: I didn’t witness these shortcomings myself; they were discussed on podcast.
2021 F150 Powerboost (on order)
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote