View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #10
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Newb question, can I damage my paint using a claybar if I don’t know what I’m doing? I actually do have one along with the appropriate detail spray.
It's time to learn how to do some simple paint correction if you are going to be concerned about imperfections. Use the claybar, it's simple and one of the first steps when correcting your paint. you won't damage it. The only REAL concern with claybar, is if you drop it, it could pick up small containments and scratch your paint if you reuse it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I double checked what products I used and what I thought was compound was not compound. Hopefully a pro using compound can remove or hide it if I can’t get it off.
Compound would be my next step, after using a claybar, I use Meguiars Ultimate Compound and it works pretty well most of the time, but I also use their ScratchX for small imperfections like yours. The key to it's success is by applying at least 2-3 applications before it completely removes the imperfections, if it's on the surface, you may be able to remove it in one pass.

I keep a bottle of it in my glove box so I have it on hand for those quick fixes on the run!

Now get busy...

Memories:

2017 50th Anniversary Camaro Convertible (Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper (Sold)
2005 Lingenfelter Corvette (Sold)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold)
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote