View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #56
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Why not? You realize there are many people who used their Z28's just as they came from the factory in SCCA racing, right? Just check out Sam Strano and Solo II, for instance. One didn't need a 1LE to race their vehicle -- and win. There's also the Camaro-Mustang Challenge series, etc. Just because it was "just" another Camaro model rather than some "special" option doesn't make it any less commendable, especially if we put it into the context of its competition from that time frame.
Maybe my car is more tired than I realized. If I wasn't putting so much money in my Chevelle, I would fix the Z28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I don't agree with you, sorry. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm not trying to be negative or sarcastic just trying to see what era you grew up in. I'm 28. So the heritage for me starts with the Z28 which you currently own. I can't comment on the earlier generations.

It has to be hard for you to drive a car that doesn't honor the Z28 name. Why do you own it? You choose it for a reason.
I'm 23. I grew up with it and its the car that got me interested in Camaros.

I drive it because my Chevelle isn't done and I still think its a good car, just not in the way a Z/28 is.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote