View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #35
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Appreciate the feedback sir

It sounds like the lap time delta between Cup 2s and NT01s on a heavy and more powerful car (ZL1) is bigger than an SS or C7 and I think it makes sense since the heavier/more powerful can benefit even more with higher grip.

I don't think I am a "very capable driver who can drive 10/10ths" by any means but I noticed that after 3-4 hot laps with NT01s they also start falling behind their peak performance, with lighter cars they felt a bit more consistent for sure. Of course inconsistency is not as bad as any street tires but it's still there due to physical boundaries of heavier car.

I look forward to hearing from you on your back to back comparison between those tires at MRLS
Being modest there, Cem. I know you know the difference between driving 10/10ths capably and just mashing the skinny pedal on the straights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachitup View Post
Many thanks to both you guys for sharing your experiences ... you guys really 'get it'.

I can relate completely to your comments on the Nitto and Cup 2's, as well as the wear rate on heavier cars. Looking forward to hearing more on the 3R's. We know they're cheaper, but let's find out if they are faster wearing in exchanger for how much faster times.

I just put the cover on my ZL1 while I wait for spring. In the meantime I just ordered wheels.
Good luck with your setup and please post some pictures of the finished product!