View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 10:30 AM   #7
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
So I currently drive a C5 Corvette to work twice a week but its 160 miles round trip so 320 miles a week. I already have a ZLE that I only use as a weekend toy. I'm looking for a dependable option to drive all those miles. Thinking about a 2020 LT1? I will need to have a V8. Would it be stupid to have a Camaro toy and a daily driver too? Opinions also on the LT1? Also would prefer a auto for a daily as my ZLE is a 6 speed. Looking for a affordable option. The C5 has been very dependable but driving a older car that far every week is asking for trouble.
It's not crazy at all to have 2 Camaro's, one for every day and one for fun.

I've got a 2019 Camaro LT in Shock with the 2.0 turbo and LOVE it! It's my daily driver. On 2 lanes I get just over 36 mpg, on the interstate I'm hitting right at 32 mpg.

My weekend toy is a 2017 Camaro 2SS in Krypton Green. On 2 lanes I get around 34-37 mpg, on the interstate I'm hitting just over 32 mpg.

My buddy thought I was lying about my mileage until we took both on road trips.

I set the cruise at the speed limit and go. Road trips aren't about making good time, they're about having a good time.

I do put my foot into them from time to time. Enough to get me in trouble with the wife, but not with law enforcement.

As far as worrying about your C5, my dad always said, "Take care of your vehicles with preventive maintenance and they'll take care of you."

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote