Thread: Club F1FTY
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #13174
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZSS View Post
I was just saying in comparison to the C7 6th gear is a bit of a dog. It's been enough for me to maintain or pass on the highway, but how can you resist not slapping it down to the 4th every time and hearing the exhaust open up? I know I haven't been able to yet haha. Short throw will probably be towards the bottom of the list once we get settled in our new house.

The BRZ really was great, but these two cars just don't even compare. I had big plans for the BRZ (supercharger, cage, suspension upgrade all around, etc.), but just never had the time (or the funds honestly). The SS has plenty of power for me so just a few cosmetic upgrades and I'll be happy.

Also currently shopping for side markers, rock guards, an outdoor cover and possibly the side skirts. They look so good on the F1FTY.

The big bummer is missing out on the collectors pack you guys received with the new purchase. I checked with the social media team and they referred me to the GM Heritage team, but I struck out there. They said the stock was depleted in 2018 and also was not able to give me my build number. Judging by my build date vs the registry I figure I am in the 1000s.
I went with Diode Dynamics for side markers (smoked version). So far no issues. As for the rock guards I went with the GM versions. However, they don’t play well with side skirts. There are some aftermarket ones that will allow for the side skirts (ground effects). I’m sure others will chime in about the specifics.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote