View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #25
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
My only known point of reference is my V6 car, so I cannot say with 100% certainty that the intake tube end plugs will fit a V8 (I presume your SS is a V8).
But no one so far out of hundreds of downloads has complained to me about that, so........ ?

The firewall plugs on the other hand should work for all gen6 cars because the holes in the firewall are all the same.

The best thing to do would be to measure the tube on the intake end.
If it is about 30mm (1.2") inside diameter and 35-45mm (1.4-1.8") in length any of the plugs I posted should work fine.
My suggestion would be to go with the threaded ones (see below) because they are the easiest to install and are the most accommodating for length.
But the three screw versions work great too and you can always have your buddy scale them length-wise when printing them.
Which ever ones you choose, print them with a high percentage of infill so they are strong.
Be sure to fill the edge troughs with silicone RTV to make good air seals.
I put RTV on the threads too so they cannot back out on their own, and so far they haven't.

If for some reason the dimensions of the intake tube end connection on your car are way different than the above, please take some measurements and a photo or two and I'll try to design something to fit.
Attached Images