View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 05:28 PM   #11
6ixrosario

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I don't think there is really a bad option far as brand or type(Centri or PD)...most kits today are really designed pretty well. I have a Whipple and it's been solid. My only gripe is the canned tunes. If you go that route be advised there is a good chance it might not run as it should. I have been currently helping a guy out that put a 50 state P1sc Procharger kit on his car with supplied canned tune. After 7 revisions from Procharger it was better but the owner has since been tweaking Prochargers tune in himself and now has the tune dialed in much better.

So my advice would be to get a custom tune or use the supplied tune as a base and finish dialing it in yourself. I also suggest a JMS booster for the low side to keep the fueling consistent to the high side. If you plan on turning it up just do the LT4 fuel system now because the stock fuel system is pretty much at it's limit with a base supercharger system on pump fuel.

Thank you for the advice. I really don't want mind blowing power, i just wanted something for a little boost and that's gonna give me a good whining sound. i was looking into whipple, but just wasn't sure if it would be a necessity for me to change anything once I got the whipple installed.
6ixrosario is offline   Reply With Quote