View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 08:39 AM   #51
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
The Supra has a following and rightfully so. In the '90s, there were dyno whores that had Supras making 800+HP at the wheels. Many of these folks wouldn't take them to the strip or track. However, the cars were real monsters.

The partnership between BMW and Toyota speaks to what development costs are today. Even Toyota could not justify the costs of developing an in-line 6 for a low volume vehicle. Still staying true to their roots, they partnered with a company that has a real history of making great in-line 6 engines.

I for one, am glad that we have another sports car to admire. It is also fair to state that there are many who will never buy a GM or American product due to memories from the late 70's through the 80's (horrible vehicles, including some that exploded on contact). Having choices and good ones, at that, may keep our hobby (passion) alive just a little longer.
I mostly agree with everything you said I just don't think I will see very many of these on the streets. The 50k+ for SS/GT performance is a little steep I think. I do expect a modded one to be an absolute monster though.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote